60 Second Apple Crumble!
I only JUST made this and had to share it because I found it so delicious!
As the cooler weather sets in I’ve been searching for warmer snacks and meals. Whilst raw snacks are quick and nutritious, there’s nothing quite as comforting as warm food in winter. This desire of mine is usually satiated with veggie soups and hot chocolate but now I have a new, unbelievably easy snack/dessert to add to my arsenal!
Recently I came across a product called Coconut Crunch which comes from the “air-dried coconut flesh after the extra virgin coconut oil has been extracted”. Coconut has to be one of my favourite foods and Coconut Crunch seemed like a versatile ingredient so I had to buy it. I’m amazed at how sweet it is considering it contains no added sugar! Up until now I’ve been mixing it with things like nut butter to form little snack balls. Today I used it as part of the crumble in my apple crumble :)
This makes one, rather filling serving.
- 250 grams of cooked apple (I used tinned)
- 1 teaspoon or more of ground cinnamon
- 2 medjool dates
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Coconut Crunch (you could substitute it for coconut flour or almond flour + desiccated coconut)
- 1 teaspoon of raw coconut oil
- around 8 roasted almonds (you could use raw but the crunch and flavour of roasted works best)
Simply mix the crumble ingredients in a food processor, adding the almond just before the end so they add some crunch, warm up the apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the crumble. Easy as pie ;)
I can’t wait to try this with oatmeal for breakfast and with coconut ice-cream for dessert :)